Join Our Program Advisory Committee
Our Program Advisory Committee volunteer opportunity has now been extended until the end of September!
Are you passionate about nurturing our communities’ assets by inspiring civic action in our current and future community leaders? The Leadership Niagara Program Advisory Committee (PAC) is now actively seeking passionate, experienced and community-focused committee members to contribute to shaping diverse learning experiences for our growing suite of programs.
About our PAC
The Program Advisory Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of opportunities that foster leadership development and community engagement. This includes visioning and assisting in the implementation of online and in-person learning programs that allow for participants to enrich their leadership experiences and build a strong local network of diverse leaders ready to serve the region.
Leadership Niagara needs YOU if you . . .
- Are passionate about the Niagara Community and believe strongly in civic engagement
- Are excited about being part of a respectful cross-functional cohort of community leaders
- Have the time and energy to spend 6 – 10 hours a month committee work: attending PAC meetings, sub-committee work, and leading or contributing to Learning Days and other delivery modalities
We’re especially interested in talking with you if have a background and/or facilitation experience in:
- Virtual learning expertise * Online program modelling and delivery
- Diversity, equity & inclusion programming (development/delivery) experience
- Non-profit/board governance expertise
- Human Resource and Talent development
- Lesson planning-curriculum mapping
- You have experience in building outcome-based curriculum planning and mapping
- Community Development, Social Innovation, Social Enterprise
- Youth Leadership (High school – Post Secondary)
- Understanding of the Adult Learning Cycle
- Leadership Research &/or Program Evaluation
Sounds like this could be the right fit for you?
- Serve as a sounding board for the PAC Chair, the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on the identification of educational programming opportunities built around civic engagement.
- Attend meetings and be an active participant of the committee’s bi-monthly meetings.
- Contribute to the design and development of learning strategies and initiatives for existing and new programs.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops when possible (lead or contribute to a learning day/delivery team).
- Develop and conduct an annual evaluation of Leadership Niagara’s educational program(s) and make recommendations for continuous improvement
Benefits of being a Program Advisory Committee Member
As a volunteer with Leadership Niagara, PAC members may benefit from:
- Opportunities for community engagement
- Being part of a strong team that is focused on imbuing LN programs with relevant learning and training that creates a pipeline of leaders ready to serve the region
- Expand your network of like-minded professionals
- Expansion of professional experience
- Opportunities to have related work in leadership and community development published on our BLOG and Social Media accounts
Interested? Apply Now!
Applicants are asked to fill out the form below with your basic information, and a short description (1-3 paragraphs) expressing why they are interested in the PAC, their professional and/or volunteer experience, and specific skill sets that they possess.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
Applications are now closed. If you are seeking to be a part of Leadership Niagara, please contact Stephanie Lakeit-Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
July 10th, 2020