Join our Program Advisory Committee!
Program Advisory Opportunity
Are you passionate about nurturing our communities’ assets by inspiring civic action in our current and future community leaders? The Leadership Niagara Program Advisory Committee (PAC) is now actively seeking passionate, experienced and community focused committee members to contribute to shaping diverse learning experiences for our growing suite of programs.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP NIAGARA
Started in 2007, Leadership Niagara is a non-profit organization that aims to develop leaders from diverse backgrounds within the public, private and non-profit sectors around the idea of growing stronger together through collaborative leadership and social responsibility. We aim to strengthen the bonds within the region and serve as a retention and engagement tool for our Niagara businesses and non-profits.
The Program Advisory Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of opportunities that foster leadership development and community engagement. This includes visioning and assisting in the implementation of learning programs that allow participants to enrich their leadership experiences and build a strong local network of diverse leaders ready to serve the region.
Leadership Niagara needs YOU if . . .
- You are passionate about Niagara Community and believe strongly in civic engagement
- You are excited about being part of a respectful and hard-working cross-functional team
- You have the time and energy to spend 6 – 10 hours a month committee work: attending PAC meetings, exploratory sub-committee work as they arise (all depending on your level involvement in the planning/ facilitation of a learning day).
We’re especially interested in talking with you if:
- You have experience in building outcome-based curriculum
- You have a background/facilitation experience in:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Community Development, Social Innovation, Social Enterprise
- Youth Leadership (Highschool – Post Secondary)
- Understanding of Student Learning Cycle &/or Adult Learning Cycle
- Non-profit Board Governance
- Leadership Research &/or Program Evaluation
Sounds like this could be the right fit for you?
- Serve as a sounding board for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors on the identification of educational programming opportunities built around civic engagement.
- Attend meetings and be an active participant of the committee
- Contribute to the design and development of learning strategies and initiatives for existing and new programs.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops when possible.
- Develop and conduct an annual evaluation of Leadership Niagara’s educational program(s) and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
Benefits of being a PAC Member
As a volunteer with Leadership Niagara, PAC members may benefit from:
- Opportunities for community engagement
- Being part of a strong team that is focused on imbuing LN programs with relevant learning and training that creates a pipeline of leaders ready to serve the region
- Expand your network of like-minded professionals
- Expansion of professional experience
- Opportunities to have related work in leadership and community development published on our BLOG and Social Media accounts
Applicants are asked to include a short description (1-3 paragraphs) expressing why they are interested in the PAC, their professional and/or volunteer experience, and specific skill sets that they possess.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 9th, 2019
Download the shareable PDF here
December 20th, 2018